ST AUGUSTINE | PONTE VEDRA BEACH
Check out our
Birding & Photo Fest online interactive guide!
The online guide is easy to use and environmentally friendly. Simply click on the guide and start planning your schedule for North Florida’s premier birding and photo fest.
1st place | SIGMA LENS*
2nd place | $500
3rd place | $400
People’s Choice | $300
We’re pleased to provide an online dropbox for you to upload your contest entries to. It’s easy! Just click Hightail link below. Drag your files to the Hightail window or find your files on your computer by clicking the "MY COMPUTER" button. Add your name in the Messge field and click the “UPLOAD” button. https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/floridashistoriccoast
1. There is a $30 entry fee for the first two (2) entries, $20 for each additional entry. You may submit up to five (5) images total.
2. Images must be taken in Florida by the person submitting within the last year (April 27, 2016 – April 6, 2017). Submissions should not have been previously published nor have been any level of winner in a previous photo contest. Images posted on social media are acceptable.
3. Images may be submitted digitally via provided Hightail link, or mailed in on a CD/ DVD, in .jpg format, in rgb color space, sized to 3000 pixels (10”@300 dpi) on the longest side. We accept black and white and color images. The filename for each image must include the photographer’s name. Do not send printed images. Do not add frames, embellishments or watermarks to the image, they will be disqualified.
4. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES IN ONE FOLDER (or disc) and label the outside of the folder (or disc) with the photographer’s name. Do not submit multiple discs or folders for each image. The file name of each image must include the photographer’s name. All entries must be accompanied by a completed submission form. Entries with the title or photographer’s name or logo embedded or watermarked into the image itself will be disqualified.
5. All images will be judged on technical aspects such as exposure, composition, cropping, color, as well as content, influence and uniqueness.
6. Photographs will be displayed at the Florida's Birding & Photo Fest from April 26– 30, 2017, via a continuous digital slideshow format. Winners will be announced at the Keynote Address on Saturday, April 29.
7. By submitting images to this contest, you are agreeing to allow the Visitors and Convention Bureau to use your image with appropriate photo credits. The first, second and third place photographs are typically used in the following year’s promotional materials — including national advertising campaigns.
8. The winning image will be the cover of the 2018 Official Guide to the festival.
9. Deadline for entries is Friday, April 7, 2017. Images will be judged by the professional wildlife photographers giving presentations at the 2017 event. People’s Choice judging will take place during the festival by festival participants.
*If you must send your images via cd/dvd, please mail them to:
Florida’s Birding & Photo Fest
Attn. Erin Masters, 29 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084
Since you can’t upload your check, we still need you to mail your entry fees to Florida’s Birding & Photo Fest, Attn. Erin Masters, 29 Old Mission Avenue, St. Augustine, FL 32084. Please make checks payable to SJC VCB and include a copy of your submission form.
Please email SSather@FloridasHistoricCoast.com